2022-10-13

On being "that guy"

I contacted a support desk with an issue that I should have had instructions for but didn't. So far so good.

However, I followed up by asking a question about their response that I'd have answered for myself if only I'd scrolled beyond the page break. Not a good look.

In my defense there was a huge blob of whitespace at the botom of the page and I thought I'd reached the end of the document.1

Alas, after they poliely didn't tell me what an idiot I was being, I commited the "didn't read far enough" error again. Sigh.

Sorry guys. I did frontline support for a while and I feel for 'ya.


1 Because Word is paricularly crappy at layout even by word processor standards. One of the things I miss about academia is LaTeX: the typesetting and layout might be boring but they will avoid the easy misakes by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment